We recognise that The Olde Barn Hotel and its trading activities could have an adverse effect on the environment and as such is committed in minimising this impact by reducing pollution and energy wastage.
1. We will raise awareness with employees and customers regarding protecting the environment and give clear guidance on how they can assist the operation in minimising the operation's environmental impact
2. We will always aim to exceed any environmental legislation. We have a genuine desire and so do our producers to protect our environment as 80% of the food on our menu is sourced from local growers and local producers. A clean environment is essential for sustainable farming.
3. We will remain committed to locally sourced produce as demonstrated by our membership of Select Lincolnshire. We were passionate about demonstrating providence and the environmental benefits of locally sourced produce long before the box ticking corporations included this in their environmental policies. We also insist on fair trade products from all of our suppliers.
4. All employees will be trained to work in an environmentally considerate manner with environmentally friendly products.
5. All suppliers will be chosen on their ability to minimise their impact on the environment and we will need to see proper evidence to support this. We will see through corporate box ticking and we will expect proper physical evidence to support their commitment to this. We will then audit our suppliers and ensure any evidence is proven.
6. To focus the company, it’s employees, its suppliers and customers on the efficient use and management of the following.
d) Raw materials
7. To actively encourage engagement with the local community
8. To actively demonstrate the claims within our environmental policy